Friday, September 11, 2009

First-ies of Junior Year

Typography
Project 1: Display Face
For our first typography project, I had to revisit my typeface I designed last semester and revise it to make it better, and then transfer it into Typetool, which makes the typeface an actual font you can type with. I revised my typeface a lot. I can't believe some of the things I didnt do when designing it the first time around, it is now ten times better. I was also lucky I had designed a typeface based off the square because it made transferring it into Typetool a lot easier. My side bearings for all the letters were the same, which saved me hours of work.

This is my work document in Illustrator. It has all the variations of letters I did, as well as the letters put together to form words to make sure they work together well.

And this is my final typeface, including numbers and 12 additional characters. It is named Valor because originally the face was based on my self-defense class, which is why the design is so bold, and sturdy. Valor is the characteristic of being able to face danger without fear, which is what my self-defense class (and this typeface) is all about.
...and maybe a little about darth vader.


Studio
Project 1: Experience of Search
I was assigned to a group, and we were assigned the experience of searching. We then had to individually choose an experience we had with searching for something and design something to reflect that experience. For weeks I had been hearing about health care reform, and wanted to have an opinion on it because it seemed very important, but was just uninformed. So I chose the search for an opinion on health care reform. And I went through that process, researching and documenting everything. In the end, I came up with this concept map to show my experience.
I would post the PDF so you could read it, but blogspot doesnt read PDFs. It has a lot of good information on it though. My main focus was separating facts from myths. Hopefully reform will start to happen soon!


Imaging
Project 1:
We are currently learning Flash, so I don't really have anything to post for Imaging right now.

No comments: