Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Final Projects Part 4: Extended Design!

Studio Collective 2009
Here's some photographs I took at studio collective (a sort of design school gallery crawl) a few weeks ago.

Our sophomore studio!

The super cool screen printed studio collective poster.

My leetle section of stuff.

Some cool laser cutting work from the junior GD studio

Other cool junior work.Some clay heads we found in an art and design sculpture studio.

A swing/chair in an art and design studio. i had permission to sit in it... really...

Art to Wear 2009
This year was even more amazing than last years! This set is by Alyssa McNamara, and they are all based on garden foods. They're so cute, and detailed. Photography by various other people.





Sadly, I dont know whose collection this is, but i love it. Photographs by Grace Yang.





Speaking of design:
This is my awesome new Samsonite! Its a suitcase from the 30s. So cute! I got it from a flea market in charlotte for $15. It was pretty dingy, but I cleaned it for hours and now it looks brand new! If only trains were a feasible way to travel, I would be so 20s with my samsonite, 20s hat, running to the train to see my man in the military...


Ok well, there's my blog purge. Hundreds of hours of work (and play) all put into a blog in one day. This summer I am going to try to do a blog post 5 times a week at least, maybe even every day. Im going to also try to draw/paint/make something every day. Summer is for art! I've got lots of materials ive been saving, like wood to do some audrey kawasaki inspired paintings. And of course I have my obsession with jellyfish and siphonophores—that will come into play im sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mom told me about the suitcase, that's super cool. i might have to check out that flea next time i'm in town--we should go to the brooklyn flea when you come visit, or you should come teh weekend of the renegade craft fair!

i wanna see a pic of the cloche, too!